Here are today’s minor moves, with the most recent transactions added to the top of the list:
- The Buccaneers have promoted rookie offensive lineman Josh Allen from their practice squad, cutting cornerback C.J. Wilson to accommodate the addition, writes Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times. Allen will provide insurance in case center Evan Dietrich-Smith, who has been sidelined with flu symptoms, can’t play tomorrow.
- The Patriots have promoted linebacker Darius Fleming off their practice squad, reports Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston (via Twitter).
- The Bears signed veteran safety Anthony Walters to the active roster, reports Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune (via Twitter). The team also brought defensive end Jamil Merrell onto its practice squad (via Twitter).
- The Chargers have promoted offensive lineman Jeremiah Sirles to their active roster, reports Michael Gehlken of the U-T San Diego. Sirles has spent most of the season on the team’s practice squad. The Chargers have announced that safety Adrian Phillips was released in a corresponding move that would open up space on the roster for the utility lineman.
- For the second time this month, the Panthers have waived running back Chris Ogbonnaya, the team announced (via Twitter). Defensive tackle Micanor Regis has been promoted from the practice squad to take the open roster spot. Ogbonnaya was waived in early November, but he rejoined the squad only two days later. The 28-year-old has compiled 50 yards on 14 carries this season, but he hasn’t played since the team’s loss to the Saints in late October.