It’s Saturday morning, and ESPN.com’s NFL writers are opening their mailbags and answering questions from readers. Let’s take a look at some of the interesting notes from the AFC…
- Ryan Tannehill‘s fifth-year option is worth $15MM, and James Walker believes the hefty price could prompt the Dolphins to start extension talks with their quarterback this offseason.
- Walker can’t envision the Dolphins retaining the same linebacker core next season, and he guesses that either Philip Wheeler or Dannell Ellerbe will be a cap casualty.
- Looking towards the draft, Rich Cimini thinks there’s a possibility that Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston will be off the board when it’s the Jets time to pick. The writer suggests the team could instead focus on drafting a wide receiver or cornerback with their first-rounder.
- Adam Teicher opines that Chiefs wideout Dwayne Bowe is likely playing his final four games with the team. Reversely, he believes linebacker Tamba Hali will ultimately stick around.
- Mike Wells writes that the Colts will pursue a free agent running back, regardless of how Trent Richardson finishes the season.
- Michael DiRocco is under the impression that the Jaguars will focus on drafting a pass-rusher with their first-round pick. While some may be hoping for an offensive lineman, the writer says the team could select a solid prospect in the middle rounds.