As the Steelers and Lions prepare for their playoff contests this weekend, both organizations looked to solidify their depth, as the teams brought in players for workouts. Let’s see who was brought in for a tryout…
- With star running back Le’Veon Bell out for this evening’s playoff matchup against the Ravens, the Steelers worked out back Roosevelt Nix, according to Aaron Wilson (via Twitter). The team also worked out defensive backs Alden Darby, Isaiah Lewis and Ian Wild.
- The Lions had a pair of free agents come in for workouts, according to Wilson (via Twitter): offensive tackle Ben Heenan and defensive back Delvin Breaux.
- The Dolphins‘ season may be over, but that doesn’t mean they’re not being active on the free agent front. According to Wilson (on Twitter), the team brought in guard Stetson Burnett for a workout.
- The Browns have lifted the suspensions of receiver Josh Gordon and cornerback Justin Gilbert, tweets Wilson.
- Wilson estimates that the Ravens could have about $5.785MM in cap space this offseason. That amount includes about $1.4MM that was subtracted following Ray Rice‘s filing of a grievance against the organization.