2015’s NFL free agent period is just a few weeks away, as this year’s free-agents-to-be will be eligible to speak to other teams starting on March 7, and can sign contracts with rival suitors as of March 10 at 3:00pm central time.
Over the next few weeks, Pro Football Rumors will be heavily focused on free agency, and that means taking a closer look at several of the higher-profile players who could hit the open market next month. Our Free Agent Stock Watch pieces will explore what a player brings to a club, what sort of earnings he can expect on his next contract, teams that could be in the market for the player, and where the player might want to end up, along with any other relevant factors.
The list of players we’ve profiled so far is below, and will grow exponentially over the next several weeks. This post, which can be found on the right sidebar under “PFR Features,” will be updated each time we publish a new Free Agent Stock Watch piece, so be sure to check back to read up on the latest additions. The players below are listed in alphabetical order.
- Joe Barksdale, OT (Rams)
- Bryan Bulaga, OT (Packers): Re-signed with Packers.
- Michael Crabtree, WR (49ers): Signed with Raiders.
- Nick Fairley, DT (Lions): Signed with Rams.
- Dwight Freeney, DE/LB (Chargers)
- Greg Jennings, WR (Vikings)
- Rolando McClain, LB (Cowboys): Re-signed with Cowboys.
- Hakeem Nicks, WR (Colts)
- Jason Pierre-Paul, DE (Giants): Franchised by Giants.
- Mark Sanchez, QB (Eagles): Re-signed with Eagles.
- Brandon Spikes, LB (Bills)
- Julius Thomas, TE (Broncos): Signed with Jaguars.