We took a look at ESPN.com’s AFC mailbags earlier this morning. Let’s now check out notes from the NFC…
- While some in the organization may believe in second chances, David Newton can’t envision Panthers owner Jerry Richardson welcoming back defensive end Greg Hardy.
- Newton doesn’t believe wideout Philly Brown is the answer opposite Kelvin Benjamin, and as a result, the writer suggests the Panthers pursue a speedy receiver this offseason.
- John Keim writes that Washington may look to reduce wideout Pierre Garcon‘s $9.7MM cap number for next season. While fellow receiver Andre Roberts didn’t have the best season, Keim believes he’s safe for at least 2015.
- If Ndamukong Suh signs elsewhere, it wouldn’t surprise Michael Rothstein if the Lions replace the All-Pro defensive lineman with someone like Broncos defensive tackle Terrance Knighton.
- Switching to the offensive line, Rothstein believes Larry Warford and Travis Swanson may be the only players locked into the Lions starting lineup. If the team were to pursue a free agent, the writer suggests 49ers guard Mike Iupati.