The AFC South has been dominated by the Colts in recent seasons, and the other clubs in the division — two of whom own top-three selections — will hope the upcoming draft affords them the opportunity to acquire several top-notch prospects. Here’s the latest from Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston…
- Owners of the third overall pick, the Jaguars will visit some of the draft’s top prospects on Tuesday, meeting with USC’s Leonard Williams, Missouri’s Shane Ray, and Nebraska’s Randy Gregory, tweets Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.
- The Jaguars will also meet with another of the league’s top edge rushers tomorrow, as Albert Breer of NFL.com reports (via Twitter) that Dante Fowler Jr. will head to Jacksonville following Florida’s Pro Day.
- Williams and Fowler Jr. aren’t the only defenders meeting with the Jaguars tomorrow — Clemson’s Vic Beasley and Ohio State’s Michael Bennett will both take a visit with Jacksonville on Tuesday as well, tweets Rapoport.
- Meanwhile, another club with a top-three selection — the Titans — will meet with Ray, Florida State Ronald Darby tomorrow, while Fowler Jr. has a visit scheduled for next week, according to Rapoport (Twitter link).
- The Texans already signed two veteran quarterbacks this offseason, but UCLA QB Brett Hundley could draw the interest of the club, as Rapoport reports (via Twitter) that Hundley will take a visit with Houston tomorrow.