Bills OL Coach Aaron Kromer Arrested

Former Bears offensive coordinator and current Bills offensive line coach Aaron Kromer was arrested on Saturday night by the Walton County Sheriff’s Office in Florida, as first reported by Ian Rapoport of (Twitter links). Police arrested Kromer on a misdemeanor battery charge, the department confirmed today in a press release (Facebook link).

According to the Walton County Sherrif’s Office, Kromer and his son allegedly confronted a group of three boys – who had been fishing – over the use of beach chairs. The victims told Walton County deputies that Kromer grabbed their fishing pole and threw it in the water, then pushed one of the boys to the ground and punched him in the face. The victim, identified as a juvenile, per Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports (Twitter link), also said Kromer threatened to kill his family if he reported the incident to the police.

While Walton County police continue to look into the incident, and Kromer has not yet been found guilty, we’ve seen NFL teams release players following lesser charges this offseason. It wouldn’t be a surprise if the Bills decided to part ways with their offensive line coach without waiting for the legal process to play out, though there has been no indication yet which way the team is leaning.

Kromer was at the center of another story in Chicago last season, when he admitted to being the leak for a report in which an anonymous Bears source criticized the play of quarterback Jay Cutler. Having gone from an interim head coach in New Orleans to an offensive coordinator in Chicago to an offensive line coach in Buffalo, Kromer had already seen his coaching career trending in the wrong direction in recent years. If the Bills decide to let him go, it’s hard to imagine the former Bears OC landing another job in the NFL this year.

View Comments (1)
newest oldest

One comment on “Bills OL Coach Aaron Kromer Arrested

  1. Gabe durkee

    Man. Problem here is Kromer has anger management issues big time. No doubt probably punk ass kids being disrespectful because they can now and he lost his cool instead of just calling police to handle it

Leave a Reply