Let’s check out the latest on Johnny Football and the organization…
- ESPN.com’s Field Yates believes the league will let the legal process “run its course” before they make any decision on a Manziel punishment. Yates notes that Manziel could also be punished by the Browns, although it appears that he’ll be in uniform tomorrow.
- ESPN.com’s Pat McManamon wonders what it would take for the Browns to part ways with Manziel. The writer says the quarterback should be commended for acknowledging prior mistakes and entering rehab. However, Friday night’s incident is still another example of the second-year player making poor decisions off the field.
- With linebacker Scott Solomon out for the season, Terry Pluto of Cleveland.com says rookie Nate Orchard has a “tremendous chance” to make an impact on the Browns defense. The second-round pick struggled with a back injury during the preseason, but he’s been heating up over the past few weeks.
- The Browns worked out a trio of linebackers, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (via Twitter): Edwin Jackson, Terrance Plummer and Alex Singleton.
- Defensive back Jordan Poyer and kicker Travis Coons were each fined $8,681 for penalties they received during last weekend’s game, according to Nate Ulrich of Ohio.com.