Pro Football Rumors passes along the latest news and rumors on NFL player movement 365 days a year, but those aren’t the only updates you’ll see on the site. On our right sidebar, you’ll find a number of additional features and featured posts. Here’s a rundown of a few of them:
- Using your iOs and Android devices, you can use our app to follow the latest stories on PFR, MLB Trade Rumors, and Hoops Rumors. The Trade Rumors app is highly customizable, allowing you to add feeds for any of the 92 MLB, NBA, and NFL teams, as well as for any of the thousands of players in our archives.
- With the offseason fast approaching for many teams, you can find the full breakdown of 2016 veteran free agents by position using our list, which will be updated throughout the winter and spring.
- Several players figure to receive contract extensions from their respective teams between now and the start of the 2016 free agent period, and we’ve identified a number of potential recipients in our Extension Candidate series, which profiles players eligible for extensions and assesses their value. As the list shows, many of the players we’ve profiled have since had their contracts extended.
- The NFL isn’t known as a trade-happy league, but by our count, an impressive 69 trades were consummated by teams in 2015, and you can find them all on our recap of 2015 NFL trades. Meanwhile, you can keep tabs on traded draft picks for 2016 with our tracker.
- Among our roster tools: A breakdown of all 32 practice squad rosters, along with a recap of how teams have used their IR-DTR slots in 2015 and a summary of teams’ fifth-year option decisions for 2016.
- The Pro Football Rumors glossary highlights a number of aspects of the NFL’s salary cap, free agency, and Collective Bargaining Agreement. Feel free to let us know if there’s a specific concept that you’d like us to discuss in a future Glossary piece.
- We value your input at PFR, which is why we regularly publish Community Tailgate discussions, in which we elicit your feedback on a noteworthy story or topic from around the NFL. We also have a regular feature called Pigskin Links, in which we highlight a few interesting recent articles from football blogs. You can find our Community Tailgate archives here and our Pigskin Links pieces right here.
- While a handful of our notable articles can be found under the “Featured Posts” section on the right sidebar, the PFR Originals archive rounds up all the original posts from our staff. Recently, we broke down 2015’s trades by the numbers and looked ahead to the 2016 salary cap situation for the Cowboys.