The court case for Jets defensive end Sheldon Richardson, who is facing five misdemeanor charges, has been postponed for a third time, per Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com. The hearing is now scheduled for January 25, well after the regular season comes to an end. From an on-field perspective, the latest delay shouldn’t affect Richardson and the Jets significantly, since any discipline from the NFL was always likely to be applied for the 2016 season, rather than this year.
Here’s more from around the AFC:
- The Colts have arguably been the NFL’s biggest underachiever this season, leaving owner Jim Irsay no choice but to make changes in the offseason. While neither head coach Chuck Pagano nor general manager Ryan Grigson should feel safe heading into 2016, Mike Wells of ESPN.com takes a look at the problem areas for the two men to get an idea of whether they ought to be replaced.
- Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor, Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams, and Patriots outside linebacker Jabaal Sheard were among the top free agent signings of the 2015 offseason, writes Mike Sando of ESPN.com in an Insider-only piece.
- Before signing Chris Carter to their active roster and Nordly Capi to their practice squad, the Ravens also worked out veteran linebacker Ricky Sapp, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (Twitter link).
- Wilson also has the details on the latest Jaguars tryouts, tweeting that fullback Ray Agnew, defensive lineman Shayon Green, tackle Sean Hickey, defensive back Josh Johnson and safety Earl Wolff auditioned for Jacksonville.
- One more workout note from Wilson, who tweets that the Browns are taking a look at former Towson offensive tackle Randall Harris today.