Here are today’s minor roster moves from around the NFL:
- Bills offensive lineman Jordan Mills has inked his low-round tender, according to Rand Getlin of NFL.com (on Twitter). Mills will earn $1.671MM for 2016.
- Defensive tackle Brandon Thompson has re-signed with the Bengals, according to his representatives at Element Sports Group (Twitter link). Thompson, who visited the Seahawks earlier in free agency, figures to join Pat Sims in a rotational role behind starting defensive tackles Geno Atkins and Domata Peko. Rand Getlin of the NFL Network tweets that it’s a one-year deal, while Ian Rapoport of NFL.com suggests (via Twitter) that there will be playing-time bonuses or incentives for Thompson, who tore his ACL near the end of the 2015 season.
- The Bears have re-signed receiver and return man Deonte Thompson on a one-year contract, the club announced today (via Twitter). Thompson, who didn’t play much of a role on Chicago’s offense last season, did post an impressive 29.2 yard average on kickoff returns, though he got just 14 attempts.
- Ravens tight end Chase Ford has signed his restricted free agent tender, officially taking him off the market, the team announced today (via Twitter). Baltimore signed Ford off the Vikings’ practice squad last year, but placed him on IR with a season-ending shoulder injury shortly thereafter. He got the low-end RFA tender, worth $1.671MM.
- The Seahawks have released snapper Andrew East, as Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times tweets.