The Bears announced 17 signings today, confirming several previously-reported moves and revealing some new ones (Twitter links). The team has signed seven of its 2016 draft picks and 10 undrafted free agents to fill out its offseason roster.
Of Chicago’s nine draftees, only one – fourth-round defensive back Deiondre’ Hall – had reportedly agreed to terms prior to day. However, the Bears have now locked up six more of their picks to go along with Hall. Here’s the full list of draft picks signed by the club:
- 2-56: Cody Whitehair, G (Kansas State)
- 4-113: Nick Kwiatkoski, LB (West Virginia)
- 4-124: Deon Bush, DB (Miami)
- 4-127: Deiondre’ Hall, DB (Northern Iowa) (previously reported)
- 5-150: Jordan Howard, RB (Indiana)
- 6-185: DeAndre Houston-Carson, S (William & Mary)
- 7-230: Daniel Braverman, WR (Western Michigan)
A pair of front-seven players – first-rounder Leonard Floyd and third-rounder Jonathan Bullard – have yet to sign their rookie contracts with the Bears, but the team has otherwise secured its draft class.
Meanwhile, in addition to confirming the eight undrafted free agent signings we passed along on Friday, the Bears added two more rookies – Liberty wide receiver Darrin Peterson and Oklahoma State cornerback Kevin Peterson – to their roster. The former received a $6K signing bonus from the team, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (Twitter link).