Today’s minor moves:
- Former Washington Husky defensive lineman Taniela Tupou worked as a fullback with the Seahawks during their rookie minicamp and did so well enough to earn an extended look from the team. The Seahawks are expected to sign Tupou, per Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times (Twitter links). Tupou played in 28 games as a defensive lineman with the Huskies from 2013-15.
- The Giants will sign Lafayette cornerback Matt Smalley after his weekend tryout, Jordan Raanan of the Star-Ledger tweets.
- The Giants have agreed to sign former Brooklyn and Lincoln High School star Ishaq Williams, as Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News writes. The linebacker has not played football since 2013 since a suspension over academics knocked him off the team at Notre Dame.
- The Lions signed undrafted rookie free agent offensive lineman Darius Johnson and waived tackle Tyrus Thompson, Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com tweets.
- The Bengals announced that they have signed Louisville kicker Jonathan Brown, Utah linebacker Gionni Paul, Florida guard/center Trip Thurman, and Marshall cornerback Corey Tindal, as Mike Florio of PFT writes. All four players took part in the team’s weekend minicamp and outshined the other 15 UDFAs in attendance.