The Browns have signed third-round pick Carl Nassib, Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer tweets. With Nassib in the fold, the Browns have now locked up all 14 members of their massive rookie class.
Nassib – the 65th overall selection and brother of Giants quarterback Ryan Nassib – had a breakout season last year at Penn State, where he piled up 15.5 sacks and 19.5 tackles for loss en route to All-America honors. He’ll now try to transfer that pass-rushing prowess to Cleveland, which finished 28th in the NFL in sacks last season.
Fifty picks before they took Nassib, the Browns grabbed the headliner of their class – former Baylor receiver Corey Coleman – at No. 15. Coleman, who figures to catch passes from either Robert Griffin III or Josh McCown in his rookie season, received a four-year deal worth roughly $11.655MM, with a signing bonus of $6.676MM and a first-year cap hit of $2.119MM. Coleman’s contract also features a fifth-year option for 2020, allowing Cleveland to control him for an extra season. The Browns’ selection of Coleman last month was the result of multiple trades down, first from No. 2, then from No. 8.
Here’s a full rundown of the Browns’ rookie class:
- 1-15: Corey Coleman, WR (Baylor)
- 2-32: Emmanuel Ogbah, DE/OLB (Oklahoma State)
- 3-65: Carl Nassib, DE (Penn State)
- 3-76: Shon Coleman, T (Auburn)
- 3-93: Cody Kessler, QB (USC)
- 4-99: Joe Schobert, LB (Wisconsin)
- 4-114: Ricardo Louis, WR (Auburn)
- 4-129: Derrick Kindred, S (TCU)
- 4-138: Seth DeValve, WR/TE (Princeton)
- 5-154: Jordan Payton, WR (UCLA)
- 5-168: Spencer Drango, OL (Baylor)
- 5-172: Rashard Higgins, WR (Colorado State)
- 5-173: Trey Caldwell, CB (Louisiana-Monroe)
- 7-250: Scooby Wright, LB (Arizona)
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.