Here are today’s minor moves.
- Jerry Attaochu underwent surgery this week, and the Chargers made the customary move of placing the third-year pass-rusher on IR. Nose tackle Ryan Carrethers will take Attaochu’s roster spot, Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports (on Twitter). A former fifth-round Chargers pick in 2014, Carrethers already has 20 games of NFL experience — three starts — on which to draw after his latest promotion from the practice squad.
- Demetri Goodson‘s third NFL season will conclude after the Packers placed the cornerback on IR and signed fellow corner Makinton Dorleant off their practice squad, Michael Cohen of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports (on Twitter). Goodson played in six games for the Packers this year and started three for a team that’s struggled to keep its cornerbacks healthy. A rookie UDFA, Dorleant has not played in an NFL game yet. He’ll likely contribute on special teams, per Cohen.
- The Bills have promoted tight end Gerald Christian from the practice squad, reports Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News (via Twitter). Starter Charles Clay missed the team’s flight to Oakland due to the birth of his child, so Christian, the Mr. Irrelevent from the 2015 draft, will provide some depth at tight end. To make room on the roster, the team released kickoff specialist Jordan Gay.
- The Chiefs have promoted defensive tackle T.J. Barnes to the active roster, reports Terez A. Paylor of The Kansas City Star (via Twitter). If Dontari Poe is unable to play, Barnes could slide into the backup nose tackle role behind Jarvis Jenkins.
- The Giants have signed linebacker Deontae Skinner to the active roster and waived center Shane McDermott, reports James Kratch of NJ.com (via Twitter). This is a flip-flop from the maneuver the Giants made last weekend, indicating some improved health for their offensive front.