The Chargers have agreed to terms with third-round guard Dan Feeney, meaning the club has now locked up every member of its 2017 draft class.
[RELATED: Melvin Ingram Could Stay Away From Workouts]
Feeney, an Indiana product, was the second guard chosen by Los Angeles in last month’s draft, following second-round Western Kentucky alum Forrest Lamp. Clearly, the Chargers are attempting to revamp an offensive line that ranked in the bottom-third of NFL clubs in both adjusted sack rate and adjusted line yards, per Football Outsiders. Veteran guard Orlando Franklin was released two weeks ago, meaning both Feeney and Lamp are likely to have starting jobs come Week 1.
Here’s an overview of the Chargers’ 2017 rookie class:
- 1-7: Mike Williams, WR (Clemson)
- 2-38: Forrest Lamp, OL (Western Kentucky)
- 3-71: Dan Feeney, OL (Indiana)
- 4-113: Rayshawn Jenkins, S (Miami)
- 5-151: Desmond King, DB (Iowa)
- 6-190: Sam Tevi, T (Utah)
- 7-225: Isaac Rochell, DT (Notre Dame)
One comment on “Chargers Sign Third-Round OL Dan Feeney”
Congrats Dan “No neck” Freeney!!!