The Packers have signed third-round pick Montravius Adams. With the defensive tackle under contract, Green Bay has now signed its entire 2017 draft class.
Adams was highly recruited coming out of high school but it took him a little while to really get started at Auburn. In 2016, he seemed to put it all together has he totaled 8.5 tackles for a loss and 4.5 sacks. The 6’4, 304 pound athlete may wind up starting at nose tackle for the Packers in the early going as Letroy Guion serves a four-game suspension.
Adams was one of ten unsigned rookies heading into Wednesday. With Raiders sign third-round pick Eddie Vanderdoes also under contract, we’re now down to just eight unsigned draft picks league-wide. Interestingly, seven of those eight players are first-round selections.
Here’s the complete rundown of the Packers’ draft class:
- 2-33: Kevin King, CB (Washington)
- 2-61: Josh Jones, S (North Carolina State)
- 3-93: Montravius Adams, DT (Auburn)
- 4-108: Vince Biegel, LB (Wisconsin)
- 4-134: Jamaal Williams, RB (BYU)
- 5-175: DeAngelo Yancey, WR (Purdue)
- 5-182: Aaron Jones, RB (UTEP)
- 6-212: Kofi Amichia, T (USF)
- 7-238: Devante Mays, RB (Utah State)
- 7-247: Malachi Dupre, WR (LSU)
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.