As a busy Thursday for rookie signings winds down, the Texans don’t have any more work to do on this front. They reached agreements with each member of their draft class Thursday night, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports (on Twitter). Here’s the full rundown:
- 3-68: Justin Reid, S (Stanford)
- 3-80: Martinas Rankin, T (Mississippi State)
- 3-98: Jordan Akins, TE (UCF)
- 4-103: Keke Coutee, WR (Texas Tech)
- 6-177: Duke Ejiofor, DE (Wake Forest)
- 6-211: Jordan Thomas, TE (Mississippi State)
- 6-214: Peter Kalambayi, LB (Stanford)
- 7-222: Jermaine Kelly, CB (San Jose State)
Having traded their first- and second-round picks in the deals for Deshaun Watson and Brock Osweiler, the Texans didn’t have as difficult of a time getting their class signed. However, they agreed to terms with three third-rounders, which hasn’t always been easy for teams because of vague CBA language regarding this round.
But Reid, Rankin and Akins are in the fold, and the Texans joined the Eagles among teams that have their full classes signed. Neither made first-round picks in this draft.