As they seemingly do every year, the Rams have officially signed all of their draft picks on one day. Kristen Lago of TheRams.com reports that the organization inked all 11 rookies to their contracts yesterday. The list of players includes:
- 3-89: Joseph Noteboom, OT (TCU)
- 4-111: Brian Allen, C (Michigan St.)
- 4-135: John Franklin-Myers, DE (S.F. Austin)
- 5-147: Micah Kiser, ILB (Virginia)
- 5-160: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB/DE (Oklahoma)
- 6-176: John Kelly, RB (Tennessee)
- 6-192: Jamil Demby, OT (Maine)
- 6-195: Sebastian Joseph, DT (Rutgers)
- 6-205: Trevon Young, DE (Louisville)
- 7-231: Travin Howard, OLB (TCU)
- 7-244: Justin Lawler, DE (SMU)
The Rams didn’t have picks in the first two rounds due to trades for wideouts. They were without a first-rounder due to the Brandin Cooks trade with the Patriots, and their second-rounder was used in the Sammy Watkins deal.
The trio of rookie linemen (Noteboom, Allen, and Demby) could end up seeing some playing time should anything happen to the Rams’ starters. The three players are ultimately competing with Cornelius Lucas, Austin Blythe, Aaron Neary, and Jake Eldrenkamp for backup reps.
Okoronkwo could see some time at outside linebacker if projected starters Matt Longacre or Samson Ebukam need to be replaced. The Oklahoma product is competing with Ejuan Price and Trevon Young for playing time.