Two days after the draft’s conclusion, the Rams finalized their undrafted free agent list. Here are the 14 rookies that will comprise the defending NFC champions’ priority free agent contingent:
- Alex Bachman, WR (Wake Forest)
- Kendall Blanton, TE (Missouri)
- Chandler Brewer, G (Middle Tennessee)
- Romello Brooker, TE (Houston)
- Keenan Brown, TE (Texas State)
- Matthew Colburn, RB (Wake Forest)
- Marquise Copeland, DT (Cincinnati)
- Landis Durham, LB (Texas A&M)
- Brandon Hitner, G (Villanova)
- Vitas Hrynkiewicz, C (Youngstown State)
- Matt Kaskey, OL (Dartmouth)
- Johnathan Lloyd, WR (Duke)
- Natrez Patrick, LB (Georgia)
- Justice Powers, OL (UAB)
- Troy Reeder, LB (Delaware)
- Owen Roberts, DT (San Jose State)
- Justin Sumpter, WR (Kennesaw State)
- Tyrell Thompson, DT (Tarleton State)
- Nsimba Webster, WR (Eastern Washington)
The Rams did not use a draft choice on a tight end and have the same group they featured last season, one fronted by Tyler Higbee and 2018 second-rounder Gerald Everett. Third-year UDFA Johnny Mundt is also on Los Angeles’ roster at tight end. Neither Blanton nor Brooker exceeded 500 yards in their respective careers. Brown transferred to Texas State from Oklahoma State, and after being a bit part of the Cowboys’ passing attack, his 2018 numbers at the Sun Belt program — 51 receptions, 577 yards, five touchdown catches — were among the best of Division I-FBS tight ends last season.
Lloyd served as one of Daniel Jones’ top Blue Devils targets, going for 604 yards and five touchdown receptions last season. Sumpter led the Division I-FCS team in receiving in each of his final two seasons, posting 610 as a junior in 2017.
2 comments on “Rams Sign 19 Undrafted Free Agents”
Going small school for the hidden gems.
True, but Reeder spent two seasons at PSU before transferring for family reasons. I wish him the best.