The Bengals wrapped up their 10-man 2019 draft class today by signing third-round draft choice (No. 72 overall) Germaine Pratt. Pratt will earn just over $4MM over the life of his four-year deal and will pocket a signing bonus of a little more than $1MM.
Pratt, an NC State product, spent five seasons with the Wolfpack due to a 2016 redshirt season. He led the team in tackles (104) last year and earned First Team All-ACC honors. Cincinnati parted ways with Vontaze Burfict this offseason, and it does not appear that the club will re-sign former starter Vincent Rey, so linebacker was a clear need. Pratt, who has strong coverage skills in addition to his tackling abilities, should have a chance to contribute right away.
Here’s the full rundown of the Bengals’ class, courtesy of PFR’s tracker:
- 1-11: Jonah Williams, T (Alabama): Signed
- 2-52: Drew Sample, TE (Washington): Signed
- 3-72: Germaine Pratt, LB (North Carolina State): Signed
- 4-104: Ryan Finley, QB (North Carolina State): Signed
- 4-125: Renell Wren, DT (Arizona State): Signed
- 4-136: Michael Jordan, OL (Ohio State): Signed
- 6-182: Trayveon Williams, RB (Texas A&M): Signed
- 6-210: Deshaun Davis, LB (Auburn): Signed
- 6-211: Rodney Anderson, RB (Oklahoma): Signed
- 7-223: Jordan Brown, CB (South Dakota State): Signed
The Bengals recently received devastating news on Jonah Williams, who is likely to miss the entire 2019 season after undergoing surgery on his left shoulder. Given that Sample may need some time to develop as a receiver, it looks like Pratt has a chance to be the Bengals’ most impactful rookie this year.
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.