The Packers have wrapped up their 2019 NFL Draft class. On Monday, the club signed tight end Jace Sternberger, according to an announcement from his agent.
Sternberger, a third-round pick, started his collegiate career at Kansas but wasn’t given much of an opportunity. He left to sign with JUCO program Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College and put together a solid game tape that elicited attention from top schools such as Florida State and Boise State. When Jimbo Fisher moved on to the Aggies, he brought Sternberger with him.
In Sternberger’s one and only season at Texas A&M, he caught 48 passes for 832 yards, good for a 17.3 yards per catch average. He also reeled in ten touchdowns, proving that he can be a difference-maker in the red zone. For now, Sternberger will be stationed behind veterans Jimmy Graham and Marcedes Lewis.
Here’s the full rundown of the Packers’ class, courtesy of PFR’s tracker:
- 1-12: Rashan Gary, DE (Michigan): Signed
- 1-21: Darnell Savage, S (Maryland): Signed
- 2-44: Elgton Jenkins, OL (Mississippi State): Signed
- 3-75: Jace Sternberger, TE (Texas A&M): Signed
- 5-150: Kingsley Keke, DT (Texas A&M): Signed
- 6-185: Ka’dar Hollman, CB (Toledo): Signed
- 6-194: Dexter Williams, RB (Notre Dame): Signed
- 7-226: Ty Summers, LB (TCU): Signed
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.