In case you missed it, here’s a look back at some of our recent originals:
- Through his first two years with the Packers, Za’Darius Smith did nothing but validate the four-year, $66MM contract he’d earned in free agency. Now, as Ely Allen writes, his lingering back injury could make him a cap casualty this offseason.
- Four years ago today, Darren McFadden announced his retirement from the NFL. He was still just 30 years old, but McFadden felt that his best days were behind him.
- Will Patrick Mahomes mega-contract prevent the Chiefs from re-signing Orlando Brown? Ely broke down Brown’s case for a big payday of his own and what it’ll take for him to skip the open market.
- Up until the Steelers’ afternoon loss, every team in the AFC North had a winning record. Over the weekend, we asked PFR readers to predict the eventual winner. Nearly half of you picked the Ravens, but at least 25% of you believe in the Bengals.
- Speaking of competitive divisions, the AFC West race is far from over. But, in Saturday’s poll, over 60% of PFR readers picked the Chiefs to top the Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos.