After interviewing with the Vikings, John Spytek received a second GM interview request during this cycle. The Raiders are interested in meeting with the Buccaneers executive, Tom Pelissero of NFL.com tweets.
Spytek has been an integral part of the Tampa Bay front office that assembled a Super Bowl-winning roster last season. The veteran exec has been with the team for six years and serves as its VP of player personnel.
Despite one of the Vikings’ finalists (Ryan Poles) instead taking over as Bears GM, Spytek has not been mentioned as a finalist for that position. The veteran exec interviewed for that job January 17. Browns exec Kwesi Adofo-Mensah has become the de facto favorite to take over in Minnesota, but the Raiders emerge as an interesting option for Spytek.
The Jason Licht lieutenant spent time with the Broncos as a scout during their Peyton Manning heyday and was the Browns’ college scouting director in the early 2010s. Here is how the Raiders’ search to replace Mike Mayock is shaping up as of Tuesday night:
- Trey Brown, scout (Bengals): Interviewed 1/21
- Ed Dodds, vice president of player personnel (Colts): Interview requested
- Dwayne Joseph, director of pro personnel (Raiders): To interview
- Champ Kelly, assistant director of player personnel (Bears):Interviewed 1/20
- John Spytek, vice president of player personnel (Buccaneers): Interview requested
- Dave Ziegler, director of player personnel (Patriots): Interviewed 1/21