The Steelers plan to interview John Spytek for their GM vacancy, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL.com (on Twitter). Spytek, the Buccaneers’ VP of player personnel, has been a popular name in this cycle, but has yet to land a GM spot.
Spytek spoke with the Raiders and Vikings before they hired former Pats exec Dave Ziegler and ex-Vikings VP of football operations Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, respectively. As a top lieutenant to Jason Licht, Spytek played an integral role in building the Buccaneers’ championship roster. All in all, he’s spent six years in Tampa. Before that, he worked as a scout for the Broncos during the Peyton Manning era and as a college scout for the Browns.
In addition to Spytek, the Steelers have been connected to:
- Morocco Brown, college scouting director (Colts): Interview requested
- Ryan Cowden, vice president of player personnel (Titans): Interviewed
- Ed Dodds, assistant general manager (Colts): Interviewed
- Omar Khan, vice president of football and business administration (Steelers): Mentioned as candidate
- Louis Riddick, former director of pro personnel (Eagles): Interview scheduled
- John Wojciechowski, co-director of player personnel (Packers): To interview
- JoJo Wooden, director of player personnel (Chargers): Interviewed by 2/4
3 comments on “Steelers To Interview John Spytek”
Brandon Hunt is missing from the list.
They’ve omitted him every time. Maybe he has bad breath
Mensah was the Browns VP of football operations