The Eagles have released wide receiver Arrelious Benn, the team announced today (via Twitter). The former second-round pick, who is returning from a torn ACL, had been set to earn a base salary of $1MM, so it’s not a real surprise that the club decided to cut him. However, multiple Eagles beat writers, including Zach Berman and Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer (Twitter links) believe the former Buccaneer could be re-signed at a lesser salary.
Here are a few more of Friday’s minor transactions from around the NFL:
- The Cardinals have claimed defensive tackle Christian Tupou off waivers from the 49ers, tweets Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune.
- Another former Niner, linebacker Darius Fleming, has signed with the Patriots, according to Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald (via Twitter).
- A day after he was cut by the Jaguars, quarterback Matt Scott has been claimed off waivers by the Bengals, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter). Scott essentially takes the spot on the depth chart vacated by Josh Johnson, who was recently released by Cincinnati.
- Just days after signing him as a rookie free agent, the Dolphins have waived defensive end Gannon Conway, the club announced today (via Twitter).
- To make room on the roster for Okoye, whose signing is noted below, the Cowboys cut linebacker Jonathan Stewart, the team announced today.
- The Cowboys have agreed to terms on a two-year contract with defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, the veteran’s agents told ESPN’s Adam Caplan. The former 10th overall pick was a longtime starter for the Texans before joining the Bears for the 2011 season. Okoye saw limited action in Chicago during the 2012 season and missed the entire 2013 campaign due to health issues, but the Cowboys have long had interest in him, having checked in on him last summer.
- Shortly after he was signed by the Jets as an undrafted free agent out of Saginaw Valley State, offensive tackle Tevon Conrad has been waived, according to the team (via Twitter).
- The Bills have cut wide receiver Brandon Kaufman, the club announced today in a press release. Kaufman joined the Bills last summer, was waived before the regular season, then rejoined the team’s practice squad in December before inking a futures deal at season’s end.