Let’s check in on a few Monday morning links from around the AFC….
- In his latest notes post at CBSSports.com, Jason La Canfora touches on a handful of topics, suggesting the Colts should take a flier on Ray Rice, speculating that the Dolphins could make an offseason run at Jim Harbaugh, and arguing that the Chiefs need to consider quarterback options besides Alex Smith for 2015.
- It’s time for the Browns to make the switch from Brian Hoyer to Johnny Manziel for the rest of the season, so the team can see what it has for the future, says Tom Reed of the Northeast Ohio Media Group. If Cleveland is going to start Manziel in Week 15, head coach Mike Pettine and the club should make the decision swiftly and announce it soon, rather than letting it linger until the middle of the week again, writes Pat McManamon of ESPN.com.
- Hoyer earns a spot on Jason Fitzgerald’s “Stock Down” piece at OverTheCap.com for the second consecutive week, with Fitzgerald suggesting that if the Browns signal-caller gets a chance to start next year, it will likely just be as a stopgap for a team developing a young quarterback. Fitzgerald also writes that the recent play of Titans cornerback Jason McCourty has made him a reasonable candidate to be cut during the offseason.
- On the other hand, Percy Harvin‘s performance on Sunday could make the Jets think long and hard about guaranteeing his “bloated” 2015 salary, given the team’s lack of big-play talent on offense, says Fitzgerald in his “Stock Up” post.
- Appearing on WSVN in Miami, agent Drew Rosenhaus said yesterday that it’s disappointing the Dolphins don’t use his client – running back Lamar Miller – more often, tweets Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald. Miller has one year remaining on his rookie contract after this season.