The Dolphins have finalized Adam Gase‘s coaching staff for the 2016 season, announcing today in a press release that a number of assistants have been added or retained. The team had previously confirmed the hires of Clyde Christensen as offensive coordinator and Vance Joseph as defensive coordinator, among others, so today’s announcement doesn’t feature any major changes, but a few key roles have been filled.
[RELATED: Dolphins hire Adam Gase as head coach]
Here’s a breakdown of some of the noteworthy additions, promotions, or assignments announced today:
- Danny Barrett, running backs coach
- Ben Johnson, assistant wide receivers coach
- Chris Kuper, offensive quality control
- Lou Anarumo, defensive backs coach
- Terrell Williams, defensive line coach
- Charlie Bullen, assistant linebackers coach
- Rusty McKinney, defensive quality control
- Darren Rizzi, assistant head coach/special teams
- Marwan Maalouf, assistant special teams
- Dave Puloka, head strength and conditioning coach
Anarumo is perhaps the most interesting name on the list, since he finished the season as the Dolphins’ interim defensive coordinator after taking over for Kevin Coyle last October. Anarumo interviewed for the Jaguars’ defensive coordinator job earlier this month, but ultimately returned to Miami in the same role that he held for the club prior to his promotion.
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.