Luck’s contract includes:
- $44MM in guarantees, including a $32MM signing bonus. Luck will receive the majority of that signing bonus ($18MM, to be exact) in the next 10 days, while the Colts will pay out the remaining $14MM on March 31, 2017.
- A $3MM roster bonus effective on the fifth day of the 2017 league year and guaranteed for skill and injury. The Colts will pay that on March 20, 2017.
- Luck’s $12MM base salary for 2016 is fully guaranteed at signing. His base salaries for 2017 and 2018 ($7MM and $12MM, respectively) are guaranteed only for injury at signing and fully guaranteed on the fifth day of their respective league years. His 2019-2021 base salaries ($9.125MM, $11MM and $11MM) are non-guaranteed.
- A $3MM roster bonus on the fifth day of the 2018 league year that’s guaranteed only for injury at signing. Luck will receive the bonus on March 20, 2018.
- A guaranteed-for-injury $6MM roster bonus due on the fifth day of the 2019 league year and paid on March 18, 2019. That becomes fully guarantees on the fifth day of the 2018 league year.
- A $6MM roster bonus for 2019 that’s guaranteed for injury at signing and earned on the fifth day of the 2019 league year. Payment date: Sept. 17, 2019.
- An $11MM roster bonus due on Day 3 of the 2020 league year. Half will be paid on Sept. 20, 2020, with the other half coming Dec. 15 of that year.
- A $10MM roster bonus due on the fifth day of the 2021 league year (half paid on Dec. 14. 2020, and the other half on Sept. 14, 2021).
- Luck will average $23.1875MM per year (six years, $139.125MM) and rake in $24.954MM in “new money.”
- Cap numbers: $17.3MM in 2016; $18.33MM in 2017; $23.33MM in 2018; $26.45MM in 2019; $27.33MM in 2020; and $26.33MM in 2021.
Baldwin’s contract includes:
- $12MM fully guaranteed at signing and another $12.25MM guaranteed for injury at signing.
- A $7MM signing bonus due April 1, 2017.
- A $4MM roster bonus earned this Monday. Half will be paid by July 11, with the other half by Aug. 15.
- A fully guaranteed $1MM salary in 2016 and a $7.75MM base salary for 2017. The ’17 salary is guaranteed for injury at signing, becoming fully guaranteed on the fifth day of that year’s waiver period.
- $4.5MM of Balwin’s $8.25MM salary for 2018 is guaranteed for injury at signing. That total will become fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2018 waiver period.
- Non-guaranteed base salaries of $9.25MM in 2018 and $10.25MM in 2019.
- Per-game roster bonuses totaling $500K in both 2016 and 2017; and $750K in both 2018 and 2019. Those bonuses could take the value of the deal from $47.5MM over five years to $50MM.
- A “new money” average of $10.675MM per year.