Ryan Clark‘s visit with the Redskins went well, but there’s no deal yet, tweets Mike Jones of the Washington Post. However, Washington is still talking with the former Steelers safety. More from around the league..
- The Saints are among teams looking at cornerback Brandon Browner, according to ESPN’s John Clayton (via Mike Triplett’s Twitter). The recently reinstated cornerback is also reportedly visiting with the Redskins and Patriots.
- Former Rams and Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan will visit with the Dolphins tomorrow, tweets Albert Breer of NFL Network.
- Bears GM Phil Emery planned to speak with Henry Melton‘s agent after the defensive end met with teams and gauged his market, tweets Jeff Dickerson of ESPNChicago.com. However, the clock is ticking for Chicago as their cap room is dwindling.
- The Redskins have had talks with Reed Doughty, but it doesn’t sound like anything is imminent, tweets Mike Jones of the Washington Post. It’s still a “work in progress,” a source tells Jones.
- 49ers free agent running back Anthony Dixon tweets that he’s on his way to Buffalo to visit the Bills.
- It sounds like Antonio Cromartie‘s meeting with the Cardinals was more of a feeling out than anything, tweets Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
- The door isn’t shut on Alex Mack and the Colts, but the odds have gone down drastically, tweets Mike Wells of ESPN.