According to a Denver Post report, the Broncos are considering free agent linebackers Jon Beason and Daryl Smith. However, the report surfaced yesterday before word broke that the team had agreed to sign Aqib Talib and scheduled a visit with DeMarcus Ware, so it’s not clear whether Denver still has interest. The team certainly does seem to be going all-in to try to take advantage of Peyton Manning‘s final years though.
Here are several more Wednesday morning free agency updates:
- The Bears don’t presently appear to be in the mix to sign veteran defensive end Jared Allen, sources tells Jeff Dickerson of ESPNChicago.com (Twitter link).
- While Julian Edelman explores the open market, the Patriots will be hosting another free agent receiver, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com, who tweets that Brandon LaFell will visit New England.
- Free agent cornerback Corey Graham is set to visit the Redskins, says Mike Jones of the Washington Post. Graham has also reportedly drawn interest from a pair of Washington’s division rivals, the Giants and Eagles.
- The Redskins are also hosting offensive lineman Bruce Campbell, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
- The Lions will host free agent fullback Henry Hynoski on Thursday, says Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com (via Twitter).
- Free agent guard Shelley Smith is visiting with the Giants today, tweets Adam Caplan of ESPN.com.
- The Bills have announced that free agents Chris Williams (OL) and Nolan Carroll (CB) will be visiting the team today, according to Joe Buscaglia of WGR550 (via Twitter).
- Free agent wide receiver Kevin Cone didn’t receive a tender offer from the Falcons and will now be an unrestricted free agent, says D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Defensive end Ronald Talley, who was eligible for restricted free agency, also appears to have gone untendered, having tweeted that he won’t be back with the Cardinals in 2014 (hat tip to Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com).