Omar Kelly of the Sun Sentinel wonders if a contract extension for Mike Pouncey would make sense for the Dolphins. Miami used its fifth-year option on the Pro Bowl center this afternoon, meaning that he’s in line to earn $7.438MM in 2015. While the Dolphins’ offensive line has undergone a significant overhaul this offseason, including the addition of tackle Branden Albert, Pouncey represents one of the few holdovers. Tonight’s look around the league..
- What should the Vikings do with the No. 8 pick in the draft? There’s a lot of talk of the team targeting a quarterback like UCF’s Blake Bortles, but longtime NFL signal caller Rich Gannon says they should focus elsewhere, writes Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press.
- Jason Fitzgerald of Over The Cap looks at the Jaguars‘ work in free agency. Jacksonville’s biggest signing was guard Zane Beadles, a move that is somewhat questionable since his success could be a product of playing with Peyton Manning. Overall, Fitzgerald gives the Jags a B grade for a free agent class that could provide some strong upside at reasonable costs.
- Panthers GM Dave Gettleman, like many execs around this time of year, is keeping his cards close to his vest, writes Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer.
- Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle (on Twitter) feels the 49ers will stay at No. 30 or trade up, but doesn’t see them trading down.
- The Jaguars are likely to seek linebacker help late in the draft, writes Hays Carlyon of the Florida Times-Union.