Tonight’s minor moves..
- The Cowboys signed cornerback Tyler Patmon and waived the injured Marvin Robinson, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. Patmon started five games last year at Oklahoma State after a three-year run at Kansas and had 30 tackles, nine pass breakups, and an interception in 2013.
- The Chiefs signed linebacker DeRon Furr, Wilson tweets. The Fort Valley State safety was originally a top recruit competing as a true-freshman quarterback at Auburn in 2008. Meanwhile, they cut offensive tackle R.J. Dill, Wilson tweets.
- The Chargers signed running back Branden Oliver, tweets Wilson. The Buffalo product broke several records during his tenure at UB including the all-time rushing record (4,049 yards) and the single-season rushing record (1,535 yards).
- The Chargers were also impressed by West Texas A&M guard Craig Watts at their rookie minicamp and they’re set to sign him, tweets Michael Gehlken of the Union-Tribune.
- The Titans placed Eric Ward on injured reserve after he was waived-injured, tweets Wilson. The quarterback last played last with the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL.
- Lineman Micajah Reynolds was released by the Saints earlier this week, according to Joe Rexrode of the Detroit Free Press. The Michigan State product was looking to hook on with the Saints as an offensive lineman but he’ll now go back to defensive tackle as he tries to make the Dolphins.
- The Chargers waived-injured wide receiver Tobais Palmer and cut Ian White, tweets Wilson. Palmer, a 24-year old out of North Carolina State, was on San Diego’s practice squad last season.