It’s Saturday morning, and that means ESPN’s NFL writers are answering questions from readers. Let’s take a look at some of the notable tidbits from the AFC…
- Assuming the Jets get a top-5 pick in next year’s draft, Rich Cimini believes the team should focus on drafting a quarterback, wide receiver or cornerback.
- The Jets need to acquire a speed running back after the season to pair with Chris Ivory, opines Cimini. Chris Johnson clearly hasn’t been the answer and Bilal Powell is set to be a free agent.
- Adam Teicher rejects a pair of fan-made Chiefs trade proposals. The writer doesn’t think it’d be in the team’s best interest to trade backup quarterback Chase Daniel unless they’re overwhelmed by an offer. Teicher also can’t envision the Chiefs acquiring high-priced receiver Vincent Jackson, especially since they already have plenty of money tied up to Dwayne Bowe.
- Bill Williamson writes that Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly would have many suitors if he decided to pursue an NFL job, with the Raiders among them. However, the writer notes that the team would have to “pony up” to secure Kelly’s services. Meanwhile, Williamson believes Hue Jackson would be interested in returning, but the writer fears that he may have burned too many bridges on his way out.
- If Jaguars running backs Denard Robinson and Storm Johnson continue to improve, there’s a chance the team could part ways with Toby Gerhart following the season, writes Michael DiRocco.
- If A.J. Green‘s toe injury suddenly goes from bad to worse, the Bengals could peruse the trade market for a wide receiver, says Coley Harvey.