We’ll keep track of today’s minor signings, cuts, and other moves here…
- According to Steve Corkan of RaiderBeat.com (Twitter link), the Raiders have promoted safety Tevin McDonald from their practice squad, giving the team some extra depth with Nate Allen sidelined and Charles Woodson also ailing.
- The Patriots have added some depth at linebacker and on special teams by re-signing veteran LB Dekoda Watson, tweets Mike Reiss of ESPN.com. Watson was with the Pats in camp before being cut at the end of August.
- With the 53rd and final spot on their roster, the Buccaneers have re-signed linebacker Orie Lemon, according to Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune (via Twitter). Like Watson with the Pats, Lemon was with Tampa Bay in camp before being waived near the end of the preseason.
- The Eagles have signed defensive lineman Brandon Bair to a one-year extension through 2016, Field Yates of ESPN.com tweets. Bair, who will receive a $100K signing bonus, a $50K workout bonus, and a $675K base salary, mostly makes his mark on special teams and appeared in all 16 games for the Eagles last season.
- On Wednesday morning, the Eagles signed center/guard Julian Vandervelde to the team’s 53-man roster, according to a team announcement. A fifth-round pick in 2011, Vandervelde has bounced around between the Eagles’ active roster and practice squad over the past four seasons. His ability to play both guard and center has made Vandervelde a valuable piece of the offensive line depth, as he appeared in 14 games in 2013.
- The Jets announced that they released defensive lineman Kevin Vickerson (hamstring) off of the IR, as Brian Costello of the New York Post tweets.
- The Texans are signing KR-WR Chandler Worthy to the active roster from the practice squad, according to sources who spoke with Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (on Twitter). Houston is now at the 53-man limit again after previously placing Ryan Griffin on IR-DTR.