Here are Thursday’s minor transactions from across the NFL:
- The Raiders have waived safety Tevin McDonald, the team announced today in a press release. Although no corresponding move was provided, it appears McDonald’s release will pave the way for safety Nate Allen to be activated off IR-DTR within the next day or two.
- The Jets added a third safety to their 53-man roster for tonight’s game by signing Ronald Martin from their practice squad, tweets Manish Mehta of the Daily News. To clear a spot for Martin, who will add a little depth to a banged-up secondary, New York has waived defensive lineman T.J. Barnes.
- The Colts promoted linebacker Daniel Adongo from the practice squad to the active roster and cut running back Josh Robinson, the team announced today in a press release. With Frank Gore and Ahmad Bradshaw carrying the load in Indianapolis’ backfield, and Zurlon Tipton also around to provide depth, Robinson became expendable for the time being.
- The Patriots made a small change to their active roster today, promoting linebacker Eric Martin from the practice squad and cutting safety Dewey McDonald to make room, tweets Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald.
- After being waived-injured by the Cardinals yesterday, cornerback Cariel Brooks cleared waivers and landed on Arizona’s injured reserve list, per Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle (Twitter link).
Zach Links contributed to this post.