Florida State kicker Roberto Aguayo could wind up as a Day 2 pick thanks to the recent rule changes to extra points and kickoffs, Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times writes. Aguayo, who opted to go pro a year early, left FSU as the most accurate kicker in NCAA history. There has not been a kicker taken in the first three rounds since Mike Nugent in 2005 (second round choice of the Jets), but Aguayo could change that.
Here are the latest NFL draft rumors:
- Earlier this month, Baylor’s Shawn Oakman was arrested on sexual assault charges. As it turns out, that might not have been his first ugly incident while at BU. On Monday, Alex Dunlap of SiriusXM (on Twitter) unearthed an police report from 2013 in which his ex-girlfriend alleges that she was physically abused during an argument regarding comments on her Instagram page. The news raises questions about the apparent inaction Baylor football program and further sinks the stock of Oakman. At this time, it would be surprising to see Oakman drafted at all.
- Despite suffering a torn ACL, former West Virginia safety Karl Joseph is still expected to land in the first round, a source tells Mike Florio of PFT. Joseph, who was pegged as a sure-fire first rounder prior to the injury, would likely have to sit out the first six games of the 2015 season. In Pro Football Rumors’ first 2016 mock draft (prior to the trades at No. 1 and No. 2), our Rob DiRe had Joseph coming off the board at No. 21.
- Army punter Alex Tardieu is drawing interest from the Giants, Jets, and Falcons, Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle tweets.
- Michigan Tech defensive lineman Tanner Agen is drawing interest from the Chiefs, Packers, and 49ers, Wilson tweets.
- The Broncos, Browns, Raiders, Jets, and Panthers are evaluating Texas State offensive tackle Adrian Bellard as a Day 3 draft target, Wilson tweets.