- The Patriots reportedly have “preliminary” interest in free agent running back Arian Foster, who might not be able to pass a physical for a week or two.
- The Redskins released wide receiver Andre Roberts, but the 28-year-old pass-catcher has already garnered interest from the Bills and several other unknown clubs.
- The Chargers claimed quarterback Zach Mettenberger off waivers from the Titans — the Bengals and Giants also placed a claim on the signal-caller.
- Defensive back Tyrann Mathieu is in line to become the league’s highest-paid safety, as he is reportedly in “deep negotiations” on an extension with the Cardinals.
- The Bears have offered defensive end Willie Young a two-year extension, and he is apparently “50/50” on accepting the deal.
- Bills first-round pick Shaq Lawson will undergo shoulder surgery after suffering an injury in practice. Lawson is expected to begin the season on the physically unable to perform list.
- More bad news out of Buffalo, as Bills receiver Sammy Watkins suffered a minor foot fracture. Unlike Lawson, however, Watkins is projected to be ready for training camp.
- Jaguars safety Jalen Ramsey could have a rocky start to his career, as a knee injury might knock him out for up to six months.
- Rams – Dominique Easley, DT (link)
- Ravens – Vlad Ducasse, G and Josh Johnson, QB (link)
- Saints – Connor Barth, K (link)
Free Agent Visits:
- Falcons – Brandon Boykin, CB (link)
- Patriots – William Moore, S (link)
- Saints – Vincent Brown, Denarius Moore, Hakeem Nicks, and Nathan Palmer, WRs (link)