Today’s minor moves:
- The Redskins parted ways with tight end Michael Cooper, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports (on Twitter). Cooper made 19 career catches with the Hoosiers from 2012-15.
- Following the Panthers‘ signing of Mike Scifres on Tuesday, the team cut punter Michael Palardy, Wilson tweets. A UDFA in 2014, Palardy spent time with the Raiders and Panthers in his career.
- The Buccaneers waived rookie UDFA wideout Dez Stewart off their injury reserve with a likely injury settlement, Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times reports (on Twitter).
- The Cowboys announced that they have signed former Olympian (and hopeful defensive lineman) Lawrence Okoye. In addition to the former discus athlete, Dallas signed linebacker Brandon Hepburn and tackle Bryan Witzmann, Wilson tweets. To make room, defensive end Caleb Azubike, linebacker Jerrell Harris and tackle Justin Renfrow were waived, Wilson tweets. A former Lions seventh-round pick in 2013, Hepburn has not seen action in a game but spent time with the Lions and Eagles in the past three years. He resided on Philadelphia’s IR in 2015. Okoye represented Great Britain in the 2012 London Summer Games, advancing to the event’s final round and finishing 12th.
- The Steelers cut pass-rusher Kevin Anderson and signed linebacker Mike Reilly, Wilson tweets. Originally a UDFA with the Browns in 2015, Reilly didn’t make the roster out of training camp and signed a subsequent reserve/futures deal with the Cardinals at this year’s outset. However, the Cards released him in May after signing its new crop of UDFAs.