Here are today’s minor moves.
- Former Hard Knocks favorite Charles James has made his way to the Colts‘ 53-man roster after the team signed him, per Mike Chappell of IndySportsCentral.com (on Twitter), in the wake of placing three players — including starters Jack Mewhort and Clayton Geathers — on IR. James played in 12 games for the Texans this season, making 12 tackles. The team waived James last week after re-signing him as an exclusive-rights free agent in March.
- The Falcons waived offensive lineman Kevin Graf, who had spent the season vacillating between the practice squad and Atlanta’s 53-man roster.
- The Eagles plan to sign RB Byron Marshall to their 53 man roster from the practice squad this week, NJ.com’s Eliot Shorr-Parks reports (on Twitter). Marshall’s signing fills out Philly’s roster after the team made a host of moves today, including moving Wendell Smallwood to IR and signing Dwayne Gratz. Marshall will fill in behind Ryan Mathews and Kenjon Barner for now, with Darren Sproles residing in concussion protocol.
- The Steelers promoted wide receiver Demarcus Ayers to the 53-man roster, as Gerry Dulac of the Post-Gazette tweets. To make room, kicker Randy Bullock has been cut. Ayers was a seventh-round pick in this year’s draft.
- The Titans have promoted defensive lineman Mehdi Abdesmad to the 53-man roster and waived running back David Fluellen, Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com reports. Abdesmad caught on with Tennessee in May as a UDFA.