The Dolphins have signed third-round guard Michael Deiter, according to a team announcement. With that, the Dolphins have wrapped up their entire 2019 NFL Draft class.
Deiter, a Wisconsin product, spent time at guard, center, and tackle during his collegiate career. A self-described “mauler,” Deiter will compete with Isaac Asiata and Chris Reed for the starting left guard job. Even if he falls flat, the versatile rookie could see a decent amount of burn as a backup.
Here’s the full rundown of the Fins’ draft class, via PFR’s tracker:
- 1-13: Christian Wilkins, DT (Clemson): Signed
- 3-78: Michael Deiter, G (Wisconsin): Signed
- 5-151: Andrew Van Ginkel, LB (Wisconsin): Signed
- 6-202: Isaiah Prince, T (Ohio State): Signed
- 7-233: Chandler Cox, FB (Auburn): Signed
- 7-234: Myles Gaskin, RB (Washington): Signed
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.