The 49ers have announced the signing of the following 13 undrafted college free agents:
- Steven Dunbar, WR (Houston)
- Ross Dwelley, TE (San Diego)
- Corey Griffin, S (Georgia Tech)
- Jack Heneghan, QB (Dartmouth)
- Alan Knott, OL (South Carolina)
- Tarvarus McFadden, CB (Florida State)
- Jamar McGloster, OL (Syracuse)
- Emmanuel Moseley, CB (Tennessee)
- Niles Scott, DL (Frostburg State)
- Coleman Shelton, OL (Washington)
- Najee Toran, OL (UCLA)
- Terrell Williams, S (Houston)
- Jeff Wilson, RB (North Texas)
McFadden was clearly a high post-draft priority for the 49ers, as the club handed the ex-Seminole largest known guarantee among undrafted free agents league-wide. He’ll receive a $20K signing bonus and a $70K base salary guarantee, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL.com (Twitter link). While each NFL team is allowed to distribute roughly $100K in signing bonus to UDFAs, there is no limit as on base salary guarantees.
McFadden played in 13 games for Florida State in both 2016 and 2017, and earned All-ACC honors during his sophomore campaign. A former five-star recruit, McFadden has a long frame that helps him excel in press coverage, per Lance Zierlein of NFL.com.