Today’s minor moves:
- The Lions signed defensive end/outside linebacker Quanterus Smith, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN.com (on Twitter). Smith inked a reserve/futures deal with Jacksonville in January but was waived by the team last month. The Western Kentucky product saw time in 15 games for the Broncos in 2014.
- The Bengals have waived cornerback Corey Tindal, Paul Dehner Jr. of the Cincinnati Enquirer tweets. Tindal, who joined the Bengals as a UDFA, was the victim of an armed robbery earlier this month. With Tindal out of the picture, the Bengals currently have an open spot on their 90-man roster.
- The Bears have waived quarterback Dalyn Williams, as Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times tweets. With Williams out of the picture, the Bears are now down to four quarterbacks, as shown on their Roster Resource page.
- The Packers have reached the 90-man roster limit by signing cornerback Warren Gatewood of Alcorn State, Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com tweets.
- The Texans have waived/injured cornerback Richard Leonard, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (Twitter link). Houston need to open a roster spot for defensive tackle Ra’Zahn Howard, the supplemental draft entry whom the club officially signed today.