FRIDAY, 10:09am: The Lions have officially signed one more undrafted free agent, inking Robert Morris offensive lineman A.J. Dalton to a contract, tweets Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. Dalton received a $2.5K signing bonus, per Birkett (via Twitter).
MONDAY, 3:45pm: The Lions have signed 11 undrafted free agents to contracts, according to Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com. In order to make room for the new additions, the team also cut eight players: Cornerback Nate Ness, safety Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, tight end Matt Veldman, kicker John Potter, wide receiver Carlin Isles, linebacker Jon Morgan, center Sherman Carter and wide receiver Cody Wilson.
While none of those players was expected to be a real contributor in Detroit this season, there are a couple notable names in the group. Isles is a rugby speedster who was considering coming to camp with the Lions, while Potter had been expected to compete for the kicking job vacated by David Akers.
Here’s the full list of the club’s UDFA signings:
- Chad Abram, FB, Florida State ($7.5K bonus, per Dave Birkett)
- Alex Bullard, G, Tennessee ($500 bonus)
- Jerome Couplin, S, William and Mary ($6K bonus)
- James Franklin, QB, Missouri ($2K bonus)
- Justin Jackson, LB, Wake Forest ($2.5K bonus)
- Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State ($20K bonus)
- Gabe Lynn, S, Oklahoma ($2.5K bonus)
- Jacob Maxwell, TE, Louisiana Lafayette ($3K bonus)
- D.J. Morrell, G, Old Dominion ($2.5K bonus)
- Andrew Peacock, WR, Appalachian State ($2.5K bonus)
- Mohammed Seisay, CB, Nebraska ($5K bonus)