So much for having “every intent” to keep Robert Griffin III as the starter. Washington is planning to start Colt McCoy over RGIII on Sunday at Indianapolis, a team source tells Adam Schefter of ESPN (via Facebook). While Griffin is not a part of Washington’s plan for Sunday’s game, he still appears to be a significant part of the Redskins’ long-term plan, per another source. More from around the NFL as the speculation is sure to continue in the nation’s capital..
- The Chargers are looking for a consensus from city business and civic leaders on their proposal to build a new stadium in San Diego, writes Eric D. Williams of ESPN.com. In the interim, the Chargers are keeping their options open because of what is happening in Los Angeles. The Rams and Raiders, of course, also have an eye on L.A.
- The NFL and the NFL Players Association met Tuesday morning in New York to continue discussions about a revised personal conduct policy, as Jim Trotter of ESPN.com writes.
- Albert Breer of NFL Network (on Twitter) hears that the NFLPA wants the option for players facing felony charges to be put on leave with NFL/NFLPA approval. Also, the union proposal would give a neutral arbitrator power to compel testimony from league and union officials (link).
- Nothing Rex Ryan can do in the next five weeks will save his job as Jets coach, writes Bob Glauber of Newsday.
- Linebacker Rolando McClain has been too good and too valuable not to get an extension from the Cowboys, opines Brandon George of The Dallas Morning News.