Today’s practice squad news:
- The Seahawks made several changes to their practice squad today, according to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, who tweets that tight end Rashaun Allen, wide receiver Douglas McNeil, and safety Dion Bailey have all been signed to the unit. In a second tweet, Condotta adds that tight end Gator Hoskins and defensive tackle Jimmy Staten have been cut to accommodate the incoming additions.
- Linebacker Justin Jackson has taken the final opening on the Raiders‘ practice squad, the team announced today (via Twitter).
- The Chiefs have re-signed tight end Adam Schiltz to their practice squad, per Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter). The team had cut Schiltz from the unit a week ago.
- To make up for the departure of Rishaw Johnson, the Giants added linebacker Uani ‘Unga to the taxi squad, according to Jordan Raanan of the Newark Star-Ledger (via Twitter).
- The Patriots signed defensive end/outside linebacker Cam Henderson while releasing cornerback Daxton Swanson, according to Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com (via Twitter).
- The 49ers signed undrafted rookie nose tackle Garrison Smith to the taxi squad, according to Matt Barrows of CSNBayArea.com (via Twitter). Smith spent time with the Dolphins and Saints this year.
- The Titans signed cornerback Ri’Shard Anderson to their practice squad, according to Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com (via Twitter). Anderson was with the Titans’ taxi squad in September after being one of the final cuts before the 53-man deadline in late August.