August 29th, 2015 at 9:34pm CST by Sam Robinson
Here are today’s minor NFL transactions as cuts aiming to trim rosters from 90 to 75 players have begun to commence.
- The Chiefs have released three players, Terez A. Paylor of The Kansas City Star reports: guard Marcus Reed, tight end Adam Schiltz and cornerback Kenneth Penny (Twitter links).
- The Raiders waived 2014 seventh-round pick Jonathan Dowling, reports Scott Bair of CSNBayArea.com. The ex-Western Kentucky safety lined up with the team’s second-stringers and was expected to play a bigger role this season after serving as mostly a special-teamer as a rookie. But Oakland’s signing of Taylor Mays seems to have made Dowling expendable.
- The Jaguars cut Cody Booth, who served as a tackle and guard as a rookie last season, per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (on Twitter). The 25-year-old Booth also played tight end at Temple. He did not see any game action for the Jags last year.
- Eighty-seven players remain on the Cardinals‘ roster after they released safety Ross Weaver, Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports (on Twitter). Weaver, a 28-year-old former undrafted free agent, previously played on the Giants and Lions before signing with the Cardinals prior to the 2014 season.
December 30th, 2014 at 5:58pm CST by Zachary Links
The Chiefs announced the signings of 14 players to futures contracts earlier today. Here’s the full rundown, courtesy of Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star:
- Brandon Barden, TE
- Armon Binns, WR
- JoJo Dickson, LB
- Hebron Fangupo, DT
- Curtis Feigt, OT
- Ricky Henry, G
- Jorgen Hus, C
- Deji Olatoye, CB
- Jarrod Pughsley, G
- Adam Schiltz, TE
- Derek Sherrod, OT
- Spencer Ware, RB
- Fred Williams, WR
- Jerel Worthy, DL
All of the players came from KC’s practice squad, with the exception of Hus, Sherrod, Feigt, and Ware. Defensive tackle Loni Fangupo and wide receiver Corbin Louks were the lone members of the taxi squad that were not signed to futures deals.
December 23rd, 2014 at 5:41pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s practice squad news:
- The Seahawks made several changes to their practice squad today, according to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, who tweets that tight end Rashaun Allen, wide receiver Douglas McNeil, and safety Dion Bailey have all been signed to the unit. In a second tweet, Condotta adds that tight end Gator Hoskins and defensive tackle Jimmy Staten have been cut to accommodate the incoming additions.
- Linebacker Justin Jackson has taken the final opening on the Raiders‘ practice squad, the team announced today (via Twitter).
- The Chiefs have re-signed tight end Adam Schiltz to their practice squad, per Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter). The team had cut Schiltz from the unit a week ago.
- To make up for the departure of Rishaw Johnson, the Giants added linebacker Uani ‘Unga to the taxi squad, according to Jordan Raanan of the Newark Star-Ledger (via Twitter).
- The Patriots signed defensive end/outside linebacker Cam Henderson while releasing cornerback Daxton Swanson, according to Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com (via Twitter).
- The 49ers signed undrafted rookie nose tackle Garrison Smith to the taxi squad, according to Matt Barrows of CSNBayArea.com (via Twitter). Smith spent time with the Dolphins and Saints this year.
- The Titans signed cornerback Ri’Shard Anderson to their practice squad, according to Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com (via Twitter). Anderson was with the Titans’ taxi squad in September after being one of the final cuts before the 53-man deadline in late August.
December 16th, 2014 at 7:18pm CST by Luke Adams
We’ve already got one ongoing post designed to track today’s minor 53-man roster moves from around the league, but we’ll use this space to keep tabs on Tuesday’s practice squad signings and cuts. Here’s the latest:
- The Saints added guard Andrew Miller to the taxi squad while releasing offensive tackle DeMarcus Love and defensive tackle Garrison Smith, according to Mike Triplett of ESPN.com (on Twitter).
- The Panthers cut running back Tauren Poole from their taxi squad yet again and replaced him by re-signing Micanor Regis, according to Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer (via Twitter).
- A source tells Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (Twitter link) that the Chiefs have cut tight end Adam Schiltz, creating a second open spot on the Kansas City practice squad.
- The Cowboys have their practice squad back up to 10 players, signing linebacker Mister Alexander to fill the final opening, says Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com.
- Wide receiver Travis Labhart has been placed on the Texans‘ practice squad-injured list, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
- Having lost cornerback Chance Casey to the Raiders, the 49ers replaced him on their practice squad by signing cornerback Cameron Fuller, tweets Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com.
- The Ravens have filled up their practice squad by signing cornerback Quinton Pointer, the team announced today.
- Earlier today, Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reported (via Twitter) that the Texans were working out quarterback Seth Lobato, but the club ended up signing another quarterback to its taxi squad. Ricky Stanzi is the signal-caller that landed with the Texans, tweets Wilson.
- The Jets have signed former Marshall linebacker Mario Harvey to their practice squad, according to the team (Twitter link).
- After cutting him over the weekend, Washington has re-signed linebacker Steve Beauharnais to the club’s practice squad, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. The team also added defensive tackle Isaako Aaitui to the unit, cutting linebacker Justin Jackson to accommodate the move (Twitter link).
- Having lost Zach Mettenberger and Jake Locker to injuries, the Titans added quarterback Jordan Palmer to their active roster yesterday, and have added another signal-caller to their practice squad today for emergency purposes. Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean tweets that QB Alex Tanney has signed with Tennessee’s taxi squad.
- Former Wake Forest defensive lineman Zach Thompson is signing to the Ravens‘ practice squad, taking one of the two open spots on the unit, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
- The 49ers have brought back a player who was part of the club’s practice squad earlier this season, announcing today in a press release that they’ve re-added tight end Xavier Grimble.
November 11th, 2014 at 6:11pm CST by Luke Adams
In addition to tweaking their 53-man rosters in preparation for Week 11’s games, teams around the NFL are also making changes to their practice squads. Here are Tuesday’s practice squad signings and cuts:
- The Browns signed defensive lineman Jamie Meder to their taxi squad, according to Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon-Journal (on Twitter). Meder, an Ohio native, was recently cut from the Ravens’ practice squad.
- Brian McIntyre (on Twitter) has the goods on the Seahawks‘ latest taxi squad moves. Seattle has signed defensive end Ryan Robinson and running back Cierre Wood while placing running back Demitrius Bronson and defensive tackle Julius Warmsley on the IR. Linebacker L.J. Fort, who was being looked at as a possible fullback option, has been released.
- The Giants released safety Kyle Sebetic from the practice squad, tweets Jordan Raanan of the Star-Ledger.
- The Packers have re-signed wideout Alex Gillett to their taxi squad, releasing Jordan McCray in a corresponding move, a source tells Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com (Twitter link).
- Confirming a Monday report, Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com tweets that center Darren Keyton has formally been added to the Lions‘ practice squad, replacing linebacker Jerrell Harris.
- After placing linebacker Patrick Willis on injured reserve today, the 49ers signed another linebacker, Shayne Skov, to their practice squad, the team announced (via Twitter). Skov, who spent the summer with the Niners, was cut from the Buccaneers’ taxi squad last month.
- Looking to add depth at the tight end position, the Chiefs not only added Phillip Supernaw to their active roster today, but also signed tight end Adam Schiltz to their practice squad, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. Schiltz takes the spot vacated by running back Charcandrick West, who was promoted to the 53-man roster today.
- The Browns have released defensive lineman Jacobbi McDaniel from their practice squad, leaving an opening on the unit, according to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer (Twitter link).
- Linebacker Denicos Allen has been cut from the Buccaneers‘ practice squad, per Scott Smith of Buccaneers.com (Twitter link).
- Amidst a flurry of other roster moves, the Jaguars released cornerback Lou Young from their practice squad today, according to Wilson (via Twitter).
September 16th, 2014 at 6:40pm CST by Luke Adams
We’ll round up Tuesday’s practice squad signings and cuts right here, with the latest news added to the top of the list throughout the day….
- The Chiefs have signed fullback Jordan Campbell and tight end Justin Jones to the practice squad, according to Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star (on Twitter). To make room, they have released cornerback Robert Steeples.
- The Cowboys announced (via Twitter) that they have released cornerback Jemea Thomas from the p-squad and re-signed fullback Nikita Whitlock.
- Running back Edwin Baker has replaced cornerback Trevin Wade on the Saints‘ practice squad, tweets Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune.
- Defensive end James Davidson, who was in camp with the Bengals, is set to fill the 10th and final spot on the Giants‘ practice squad, reports Adam Caplan of ESPN.com (via Twitter).
- The Rams have removed linebacker Kevin Reddick from their practice squad, says Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (via Twitter).
- The Chiefs have cut tight end Adam Schiltz from their practice squad, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter).
- Besides confirming the previously reported re-signing of linebacker Darius Fleming to their practice squad, the Patriots also announced several more moves today. Offensive lineman Caylin Hauptmann and defensive lineman Kona Schwenke are now part of the club’s 10-man unit, while defensive lineman Cam Henderson and running back Marcus Thigpen have been cut.
- The Browns have signed linebacker Allen Bradford to their practice squad, cutting wideout Ifeanyi Momah, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
- Safety Josh Aubrey has taken the place of wide receiver Travis Labhart on the Texans‘ practice squad, according to Mark Berman of FOX 26 Houston (Twitter link).
- The Redskins announced today (via Twitter) they’ve signed defensive lineman Hebron Fangupo to their practice squad, cutting another defensive lineman, Dennis Hopkins, to clear an opening.
- Defensive tackle Roy Philon has re-signed with the Bears‘ practice squad, leaving the team with three openings on the taxi squad, the team confirmed (via Twitter).
- The Panthers have signed former Redskins’ sixth-round running back Lache Seastrunk to their practice squad, the team announced today (Twitter link).
- Offensive lineman Emmett Cleary has joined the Bengals‘ practice squad, replacing tight end Ryan Otten on the unit, according to the club (via Twitter).
- The Colts have swapped one guard for another on their practice squad, dropping Josh Walker and signing David Arkin, the team announced in a press release.
- After promoting tight end Marcel Jensen to their 53-man roster, the Jaguars have filled the 10th and final spot on their practice squad by adding offensive tackle Cody Booth, tweets John Oehser of Jaguars.com.
- Fullback Zach Line, waived from the 53-man roster over the weekend, has joined the Vikings‘ practice squad, per Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities (Twitter link).
- The 49ers made several changes to their practice squad last night. In addition to confirming the signing of tight end Xavier Grimble, which was previously reported, the club also signed cornerback Leon McFadden, dropping linebacker Shayne Skov and defensive back Chance Casey to make room, according to Brian McIntyre (via Twitter).
September 9th, 2014 at 9:24pm CST by Luke Adams
With Week 2 of the NFL season underway, teams have begun to again modify their 10-man practice squads. We’ll have Tuesday’s updates right here, with the latest moves added to the top of the page throughout the day:
- The Eagles signed linebacker Brandon Hepburn and offensive lineman Tyler Hoover to the practice squad, writes Phil Sheridan of ESPN.com. Meanwhile, they released linebacker Colton Underwood, who was signed to the practice squad last week.
- Running back Chris Rainey and cornerback Teddy Williams have joined the Cardinals‘ practice squad, taking the spots of receiver Kevin Cone and running back Dominique Williams, who was placed on the PS-injured list, tweets Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com.
- The Redskins have made a couple more changes to their practice squad. According to Mike Barber of the Richmond Times-Dispatch (via Twitter), former Virginia Tech defensive tackle Derrick Hopkins has been added, while Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun tweets that cornerback Richard Crawford has been cut.
- In order to make room for the previously-reported practice squad addition of wideout Greg Herd, the Bears have terminated the contract of defensive tackle Roy Philon, the team announced today (via Twitter).
- Linebacker Josh Kaddu has filled the final opening on the Vikings‘ practice squad, the club announced (Twitter link).
- Tight end Michael Egnew, a former third-round pick, has signed to the Jaguars’ practice squad, replacing offensive tackle Cody Booth, the club announced today in a press release. Tight end Reggie Jordan was also removed from Jacksonville’s injured reserve list.
- The Chiefs will sign tight end Adam Schiltz to their practice squad, per Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter). We heard yesterday that wideout Armon Binns would also join Kansas City’s practice squad, so the club will have to cut two players from the unit to make the additions official.
- With an opening on their practice squad, the Broncos have filled it by signing tight end Dominique Jones, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post.
- The Redskins have cut wide receiver Nick Williams from their practice squad, a source tells Zac Boyer of the Washington Times (Twitter link).
September 9th, 2014 at 3:07pm CST by Luke Adams
The Chiefs officially finalized a series of roster moves today, according to a team release. Besides confirming the signing of defensive lineman Kevin Vickerson, and the additions of wideout Armon Binns and tight end Adam Schiltz to their practice squad, which had been previously reported, the Chiefs also announced the following moves:
Added to 53-man roster:
Removed from 53-man roster:
Signed to practice squad:
Removed from practice squad:
August 24th, 2014 at 4:00pm CST by Rory Parks
Here are Sunday’s minor transactions from around the NFL, with the latest moves added to the top of the page throughout the day:
- The Falcons have placed G Mike Johnson and LB Marquis Spruill on their injured reserve list, per ESPN.com’s Vaughn McClure (Twitter links).
- The Bears have cut return man Darius Reynaud, tweets Wilson. Reynaud was signed by Chicago on August 18.
- CB Vernon Kearney has been cut by the Chiefs, according to Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star (on Twitter).
July 26th, 2014 at 6:19pm CST by Rob DiRe
Here are a few Saturday minor moves from around the NFL:
- The Panthers have swapped one defender for another, waiving cornerback DeQuan Menzie and signing defensive tackle Micanor Regis, tweets Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer.
- The Seahawks have officially placed Marshawn Lynch on the reserve/did not report list, according to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post (via Twitter). Players with that designation don’t count toward the 90-man roster, which is how the club was able to sign two players and cut just one, as noted below.
- Wilson also clarifies (via Twitter) that tight end Adam Schiltz is joining the Chiefs as a waiver claim rather than a signing, as indicated below.