Listed below are the Sunday roster moves for the four NFC East teams. Following the 53-man roster cutdown deadline yesterday, many teams will make slight tweaks to their rosters, claiming players off waivers or signing guys who clear waivers. Those transactions are noted below.
Additionally, as of 11:00am CT today, teams can begin constructing their 10-man practice squads. For the 2014 and 2015 seasons, changes were made to practice squad rules that allow teams to carry eight players instead of 10, and the eligibility requirements for those extra two spots were also loosened. You can check out our glossary entry on practice squads to brush up on those changes, as well as all the other guidelines that govern the 10-man units, whose players practice with the team but aren’t eligible to suit up on Sundays.
Here are Sunday’s NFC East transactions, which will continue to be updated throughout the day:
- Signed to 53-man roster (officially announced): Korey Toomer, LB (via Ian Rapoport on Twitter)
- Claimed off waivers: Donald Hawkins, G (via Todd Archer on Twitter)
- Cut: John Wetzel, OT (via Archer on Twitter); Ahmad Dixon, S (via Charean Williams)
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Micah Pellerin, CB (via Aaron Wilson on Twitter); Ryan Williams, RB (via Archer on Twitter); Tim Benford, WR; Kenneth Boatright, DE; Ronald Patrick, C; Keith Smith, LB; Will Smith, LB.
New York Giants:
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Emmanuel Acho, LB; Josh Andrews, OL; Kevin Graf, OT; Wade Keliikipi, DT; Will Murphy, WR; Quron Pratt, WR; Ed Reynolds, S; Matthew Tucker, RB. The team has also signed wide receiver Teddy Williams, reports Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly.com (via Twitter), though the team has not officially announced the signing.
- Claimed off waivers (officially announced): Duke Ihenacho, S
- Cut (officially announced): Akeem Davis, S
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Ted Bolser, TE; Richard Crawford, CB; Chase Minnifield, CB; Tevita Stevens, OL; Phillip Thomas, S ; Robert Thomas, DT; Chris Thompson, RB; Nick Williams, WR