Here are Tuesday’s minor moves from around the NFL:
- The Buccaneers have signed quarterback Dan LeFevour, writes Scott Smith of their official website. LeFevour was a sixth-round pick of the Bears in 2010 and ended up spending time with three other NFL organizations, never logging a regular-season appearance, before heading to the CFL in 2012. LeFevour played in Canada through last season and will now try to earn a roster spot in Tampa, which already had a stocked QB depth chart consisting of Jameis Winston, Mike Glennon and Ryan Griffin before its latest addition. As Jenna Laine notes (on Twitter), Bucs quarterbacks coach Mike Bajakian was Central Michigan’s offensive coordinator for three seasons when LeFevour was its signal-caller.
- Giants tight end Larry Donnell, whose 2015 season ended in November because of what looked like a career-threatening neck injury, has re-signed with the team after receiving clearance from Big Blue’s medical staff, according to Michael Eisen of the team’s website. In eight appearances prior to the injury, Donnell racked up 29 catches, 223 yards and two touchdowns. The 27-year-old amassed an impressive 63 receptions for 623 yards and six scores in 2014.
- The Seahawks have re-signed cornerback Marcus Burley, who was their last remaining exclusive rights free agent without a contract, reports Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times (Twitter link). Burley joined the Seahawks in 2014 and has since appeared in 26 games, totaling 53 tackles, two sacks and two interceptions along the way.
- The Bills have released linebacker Tony Steward, tweets Mike Rodak of ESPN.com. Steward, whom the Bills took in the sixth round of last year’s draft, appeared in seven games and made two tackles as a rookie.
- The Ravens announced that defensive backs Jumal Rolle and Jermaine Whitehead have signed their exclusive rights tenders with the club. Rolle has bounced around the league since going undrafted from Catawba in 2013, playing in 19 career games with the Texans and Ravens. Whitehead, undrafted out of Auburn last year, spent most of 2015 on the 49ers’ practice squad before the Ravens signed him in December.