Today’s minor moves:
- The Colts announced that they’ve signed second-round safety T.J. Green. Green, a Clemson product, was selected 57th overall in last month’s draft, and while he played safety in college, there’s been some chatter that he could be moved to corner in the NFL.
- The Vikings have signed defensive tackle Travis Raciti and waived running back Brandon Ross, Matt Vensel of the Star-Tribune tweets. Raciti spent his first NFL season in Philadelphia on the club’s practice squad. The former San Jose State Spartan played in 49 games (45 starts) as a defensive tackle and twice earned all-conference honors.
- The Eagles have signed defensive tackle Derrick Lott and released punter Ryan Quigley, as Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer tweets. With Quigley out of the picture, it would appear that Donnie Jones has won the team’s punter job. Lott was on Tampa Bay’s taxi squad in 2015 and will try to make the cut in Philly.
- The Saints have waived long-snapper Chris Highland, who joined the team for his second stint earlier this month (Twitter link via Evan Woodbery of The Times Picayune).
- Panthers tight end Jake McGee has reverted to injured reserve after being waived-injured, Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle tweets. McGee began his career at Virginia but, thanks to graduate transfer rules, was able to finish up at Florida. In what would have been his first year at UF, he broke his left leg and spent the year rehabbing instead of playing. Last year, McGee caught 41 passes for 381 yards and four touchdowns.